Network Architect (or Architech as we like to say)
- Do you want a dream job that’s not just a job?
- Do you wish you could work from home most of your workday?
- Are you a highly-driven individual who relishes challenges?
- Are you a self-motivated, results-oriented professional with strong communication skills?
- Do you love meeting new people and helping them be more productive via technology?
If you felt your adrenaline pump while reading each item above… WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!
IT Architechs’ mission is to be the best in the world at providing end-to-end IT solutions for small to mid-sized businesses in the St. Louis region. The driving force behind the team at IT Architechs is our desire to architect information technology solutions for our clients. In order to ensure that we remain experts at what we do, we focus primarily on the Microsoft platform. We are currently seeking a Network Architect to work with our team to provide the best solutions to support our customers’ needs.
The primary goal of a Network Architect on our IT Infrastructure team is to provide confidence to our customers while architecting, implementing, and supporting solutions for all aspects of a small to mid-sized business’ IT environment. Those areas could include LAN/WAN topology, network services (DNS, DHCP, and WINS), directory services (AD, LDAP), internet services (surf control, anti-malware), telecom services, remote connectivity (VPN, RRAS, PPTP, IPsec), collaboration/messaging (Exchange, VOIP, Lync), patch management (Microsoft, Anti-virus, and other critical applications), redundancy (SAN, virtualization, fail-over, clustering), disaster recovery and storage capacity.
Network Architects perform proactive tasks and reactive tasks. The proactive tasks would involve checking reports and status indicators from our centralized monitoring software that watches PCs, servers, and routers located at customer sites and within our Data Center in downtown St. Louis. The reactive tasks would include answering the phone or going to a customer site for issues or requests that may be resolved by your own personal knowledge, or may be resolved by the facilitation of talking with our team members who specialize in Infrastructure (PCs, Servers, Routers, Switches, VOIP, etc..) and Applications (.NET, SQL, Web, Access, Excel, Quickbooks, etc…). In addition, a Network Architect would assist with projects that include rolling out new PCs, servers, routers, and VOIP systems. Also, a Network Architect would be expected to utilize and make contributions to our repository of Intellectual Property.
- Great communication skills that include a strong desire to talk with people, a patient demeanor when talking with non-technical people, and a general interest in the well-being of others.
- Great problem-solving interest and abilities.
- Ability to review a list of customer issues, choose the highest priority issue, and determine the steps needed for resolution.
- Ability to “own” a simple or multi-step issue and follow it through to completion or successful hand-off/escalation.
- Ability to leverage personal knowledge, knowledge of the rest of the team, and knowledge gained from quick searches on the internet.
- Ability to drive to customer sites within 45 minutes of downtown St. Louis about 30 to 40% of the time and utilize navigation systems or a map to find a customer location.
- Ability to work comfortably from home on a daily basis with a high level of productivity.
- Experience with Microsoft desktops (Professional versions of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8).
- Experience with removing viruses and root-kits from PCs.
- Experience with domain-based and workgroup-based networks.
- Experience with domain controllers, Exchange server, Hyper-V or ESX virtualization, VOIP phone systems, monitoring/RMM software, firewall/router UTM software, automation scripting, thin-client / remote desktop, and hosting would be a bonus and would affect the compensation of this position.
- Desire to learn all areas of IT, rather than being an expert at only 1 or 2 areas of IT.
- Desire to learn more about VOIP phone systems, servers, routers, and switches.
- Live by our Core Values on a daily basis
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer excellent salary plus 401k matching, great medical/dental/ vision benefits, a fun/friendly working environment, and a piece of your life back due to not having to waste time with the hassles of daily rush-hour commuting.
Submit Your Resume:
Please click here to submit your resume for consideration.
For more information: Please visit our website at www.itarchitechs.com to learn more about all of the solutions we provide for our customers.